Make A Statement with your remodel
Kitchens are the center of the home and provide years of fond memories from entertaining friends and quiet talks with family. What better way to bring your family and friends together than having a kitchen that is modern and comfy at the same time. Make a lasting impression whether you are creating a beautiful white kitchen or a colorful inviting kitchen. Combining great cabinetry, shelving and beautiful countertops along with fantastic trim choices these days, completes a statement that is yours uniquely.
Getting the most of your kitchen/bathroom remodel
Making the decision to take on a kitchen/bathroom remodel is your first step. Look around. So many families go without that prime renovation, but in reality, would be so much better off with a remodel.
If you find that your cabinets are outdated, dirty, and tired, most likely your countertop has seen better days too. These considerations along with the beautiful tile and trims now available in the marketplace make kitchen and bath remodeling a must have for many homeowners.
Now that you have taken on this goal, you must consider that you are going to recoup 80-93% for a kitchen remodel, according to Houzz.com, and up to 60% for the bathroom, according to discover.com. So, it is worth pursuing further…
How much is a kitchen/bathroom remodel going to cost, anyhow?
In the end, that will depend upon the size of your kitchen/bathroom remodel and the quality of the materials you choose. However, we can look at some averages and we can give some basic costs.
Bathroom: Are you going to be replacing everything, a total remodel? Or, are you going to update the fixtures and backsplash and keep as much of the standing bathroom as possible? Discover.com quotes the low end of a basic remodel at $3,000 to $12,000. Remodeling Magazine tells us that an average bathroom remodel clocks in around $18,000.
Kitchen: For a kitchen you will be dealing with the same basic appliances to begin. Like your bathroom, you can opt to do a very small remodel or demolish the whole thing and replace the footprint. Homeadvisor.com tells us that a kitchen remodel will cost somewhere between around $12,000 and $33,000 with the average at $21,751. But remember, this is not money out of pocket, this is equity improved in your home and years of wonderful memories created in a kitchen that everyone will love to cook in, hang out in and enjoy family and friends in.
How do I get the most for my kitchen/bathroom remodel?
On the website This Old House here are some amazing answers.
- Stay away from fads. If you are looking to recoup the most for your renovation money, you will try to put yourself in the position of a buyer. Think about neutrals and add the pow in designs that pay and your own personal goodies you add.
- Do not renovate beyond your area. If you live in a high rent neighborhood, your materials will need to be higher end than if you lived elsewhere. Similarly, you should not adopt a kitchen/bathroom remodel style that is more opulent than your neighborhood.
- If the market is good, you will get more for your remodel than if not.
- If you plan on staying in your home, you are going to recoup all the expense as housing prices rise. Consider staying in your home a little longer to get the most for your kitchen/bathroom remodel buck.
- Expect the surprise cost. Account for it in your original budget. Get ahead of that and you will be pleasantly at ease.
And with that, go forth and renovate. It is an exciting time and a beautiful bathroom and/or kitchen is at the other end of your planning and hard work.
Nucave Construction are experts to help guide you every step of the way.